Discuss lighting issue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm confused, tel

what sort of cover you talking about man?

Pls can you spell it out?

happy to oblige. spelling it out ... IT. OK

I have a table lamp with inbuilt touch sensitive switching/dimmer. It comes on every time the computer is turned on and every time the scanner is used, they are in the same room. Earthing is good (PME). I have got used to turning it off, one two or three taps depending on how bright it is. I have always assumed it is transients much harder to get rid off than ghosts. One day I will get around to turning it off at the socket.

Why put off until tomorrow what you can put off 'till next week.

I think he means that it shouldn't be too old, and be fit for purpose. Perfectly reasonable.

In the current climate of austerity, i can't afford to change my old cover, I may never be able to!!!

How often does tel get a new bed-cover for himself? and how can he afford it??

serves him right for fitting wall lights. these went out with the demise of gas lighting.

They wanted them in their bedrooms. The fittings are actually quite nice.

The weird thing that they don't come on in pairs. Just randomly.

Touch switches that replace ordinary plate switches rarely use a neutral connection. As a consequence the electronics is often prone to false triggering by mains bourne transients or strong radiated RFI. There are a couple of things you can do to minimise this effect:- 1) Ensure the CPC is connected to the metal back-box. 2) Connect a mains rated CR (typically 0.1uF in series with 100Ω) snubber across the switch terminals. If the touch switch is currently mounted in a plastic cavity wall box, try changing the standard plastic box for the less common foil lined or metal type which has a CPC termination connected to the foil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to lighting issue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock