Discuss Low power integrated leccy oven and gas hob. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

twist

I have an integrated electric oven and gas hob. The electric for both comes from a plugged socket on the ring main. It then is split into connector blocks and taped to feed both hob and oven.

I want a neater solution adhering to regs as closely as possible. The oven is 2-2.5kW. Is it still acceptable to run it off the 2.5mm^2 ring main? If so should I spur off a dedicated cooker switch above the worksurface to feed a 2G socket behind the oven?

Would it not be better to forgoe the dedicated "cooker" switch and just place the 2G at skirting level as the ring will be running past at about that level or would this not provide sufficiently accessible isolation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Low power integrated leccy oven and gas hob. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have just had my kitchen redone and the kitchen rewired with a new 6mm cable installed for an electric cooker. However I have changed my mind...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we had our gas hob removed months ago and finally just got round to putting an induction hob in. Its a normal 4 ring induction but one of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Is it within regs to spur a gas hob electrical feed from an oven radial? The electrical feed to the worktop hob is via a fused spur from...
Replies
Views
Hi, we are replacing our old hob and cooker and I need a bit of help, to make sure all is safe. This is the oven and hob specs: AEG IKB64401FB...
Replies
Views
The customer has suggested from a previous electrician that the oven requires a new circuit installed . Upon viewing the instructions it is stated...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock