Discuss Lucien's most challenging picture puzzle yet... what does this box do? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Is it a signalling device to release water from stored water to low level land when near critical levels are reached , and does it have an ultra violet system to kill the bacteria?

The two metal brackets suggest the black box is heavy and the two black pads on the right might be because it is important the box's innards are kept level .
A pre metricspirit Level then?

No one else bothered to join in the fun the Lucien, best you coughup and tell us what it is.
Not you an all?
Is it at an old waterworks?
LOL
The thin thing is the handle of a rake, and the small pipe is a vent. These details aren't really of any importance. The presence and function of the big pipe help to set the scene and give some insight into the electrical situation that will become more apparent in the next pic. In the meantime, I have some work to do.
A flow Meter of some sort?,or a Thermograph

In the toilets at Bush Green they used to have Goldfish in the toilet cisterns years back, useless info i know but what the hell.........

I reckon that is a pipe for expelling in quick time a hazard from the building, the box is monitoring the possible hazard and act as an warning system.... or something along those lines, it may be sampling the toxicity of the air because of a chemical used and in an emergency you open the pipe.

I reckon that is a pipe for expelling in quick time a hazard from the building, the box is monitoring the possible hazard and act as an warning system.... or something along those lines, it may be sampling the toxicity of the air because of a chemical used and in an emergency you open the pipe.
it's a Fart Alert System then?

Look, the box doesn't ontrol the pipe and the pipe doesn't control the box, OK? I'll put another pic up tonight...

Is it just a empty plastic box? I had one just like this on a site where trunking was being installed the lads i worked with basically went around the box with the trunking from one side up over the top and back down like a arch and carryed on and when i went to look at it i pointed out it was empty and they should of just took the box away and gone straight haha

resistance is futile.

Lucien's most challenging picture puzzle yet... what does this box do? upload_2018-4-28_7-22-24 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Lucien's most challenging picture puzzle yet... what does this box do? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock