Discuss Main Protective Bonding Conductor question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SparkyAndGeorge

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys
Would appreciate your comments on the following.. I am currently involved in the refurbishment of a building with 2 service heads (both in use) but only one gas intake and one water intake. What are the main bonding requirements in this situation? I am assuming both MET's require a bonding cable to the gas and water intakes? Many thanks in advance.

Hi guys
Would appreciate your comments on the following.. I am currently involved in the refurbishment of a building with 2 service heads (both in use) but only one gas intake and one water intake. What are the main bonding requirements in this situation? I am assuming both MET's require a bonding cable to the gas and water intakes? Many thanks in advance.
Without eyes on this install, it's difficult to assess, use the MET related to the service head you are relying on???? Anyone??

1 to the gas, 1 to the water?

Seriously though, why is there 2 electrical services if its only one property? Speak to the supplier and see if it can be combined to just one.
Separate supplies to separate buildings? How does the installation itself have the electrics separated?
If one electrical supply serves the building with water, and the other doesn't... then take the bond from there.

Multiple incoming supplies should have their earth's linked subject to the DNO's requirements.

Main bonding from each MET to the point at which services enter each installation.

Reply to Main Protective Bonding Conductor question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock