Discuss Mains outage standby power in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

alfier

-
Reaction score
We have long power outages at times and I would like to provide power to my gas central heating for up to 3hrs. Is the best way to do this to install a UPS?
Alfie

What central heating system do you have? Do you know how much power it uses?
Wouldn't you be better off with a small backup generator then you can use a couple of small things along with your central heating?

We have long power outages at times and I would like to provide power to my gas central heating for up to 3hrs. Is the best way to do this to install a UPS?
Alfie

No break set up Genny synced with supply feeding a UPs already on line, power goes out. UPs supplies load, meanwhile genny has come up to speed synced with supply takes over until power is reinstated, genny senses power shuts down back to normal.

Hi,i didn't think Swindon was supplied so shakily :cool3:

If fitting any automatic equipment,for continuity of supply,you would have to take in to account the type of boiler,as some default to "off",during an outage.

I have friends who run their LPG combis' for days,off a simple inverter and two deep cycle batteries,as maximum consumption is less than a single headlight lamp!

Alfie

I would be more concearned with why you are having long power outages, have you not contacted your supplier to find out why this is happening?

Reply to Mains outage standby power in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net