Discuss Maintenance Free 32A Junction Box in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

mattbaker

DIY
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Wagobox, specifically the 221-4 box, and noticed that it is only classed as maintenance free if the current is 20A or less (derating factor applied to the 32A capacity of the Wago 221 Series 4 connectors) and has a tie-wrap fitted.

Do you know of any Wago maintenance free solutions that would be suitable for use in a 32A ring final circuit?

TL;DR
Wago 221 MF 32A rated solutions
there are 2 sizes of wago box (not counting the XL.) that are similar. the one for socket circuits is bigger and has cable entries only at 1 end, whereas the lighting box has entries at both ends.

there are 2 sizes of wago box (not counting the XL.) that are similar. the one for socket circuits is bigger and has cable entries only at 1 end, whereas the lighting box has entries at both ends.
Been over a year, Tel. I would think he’s done the job by now

Reply to Maintenance Free 32A Junction Box in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I’m after some advice regarding use of Wago boxes for adding a spur off a ring final. Is it okay to use a MF Wagobox with 221 Wago...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to swap out a damaged 30A junction box on an existing ring main circuit and thought I'd replace it with Wago 221 connectors and a Wago...
Replies
Views
I have come to extend a ring main on the old wiring (red and black) and have used the wago 222 connectors to extend each leg and extended each leg...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
I was just wondering if anyone new if the wago 221's when used with the correct wago box (221-4 see link WAGOBOX 221-4 Junction Box 108 x 39 x...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock