Discuss Marina socket size for pleasure craft in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kablue2000

hello,

I am looking for information with regards to size of pleasure craft to its power supply.
The boat sizes are 13m,16m and 32m

I have googled this and have had no luck, Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Hi: Have you tried Googling, Shoreside power supply or Contacting a Marine Electrical company they might be able to give you more info.

Google for supply marina supply pods They come with socket outlets and water woutlets with meteres for both

230v supply would probably be 16a as they will run off battery,invertor when away from marina the shore supply will just be to prevent battery drain

Last edited by a moderator:
Google for supply marina supply pods They come with socket outlets and water woutlets with meteres for both

The pillars are not the problem, it's the size of supply. The feeder pillars come with socket outlets from 16A single phase upto 250A for the super yachts.
From looking at marinas the 2 smaller sized boats would probably be powered with a 16A supply.

The 32m Boat I am not sure about though, i was hoping maybe somebody on here may of had experience with marinas and maybe point me to a document/British or international standard

The BSEN for wiring on pleasure vessels is BSEN60092-507 2000 but would cost about £200 to buy.
Generally for small vessels the supply would be 16A, as you have said.
However the size of the vessel is not the problem, you need to know the current demand likely for the installed equipment. If you do a domestic type diversity assessment of the installed equipment and determine the likely current requirements you will then know the size of power supply required.

Found the answers to what I wanted, thanks for your input,
looked at some luxury yachts and took the answers from the generator spec
for the 32m 3phase 100amp supply required
13m single phase 32A supply
16m single phase 45A supply

The BSEN for wiring on pleasure vessels is BSEN60092-507 2000 but would cost about £200 to buy.
Generally for small vessels the supply would be 16A, as you have said.
However the size of the vessel is not the problem, you need to know the current demand likely for the installed equipment. If you do a domestic type diversity assessment of the installed equipment and determine the likely current requirements you will then know the size of power supply required.

Thanks for the reply will look at the standard I have access to british standards through LSBU, This is for a theoretical assignment for a course which i am doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Marina socket size for pleasure craft in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock