Discuss Marking Neutral and CPC at CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dixon9

Apparantly, where practicable, the neutral and cpc are to be marked or labelled at the CU. Those of you that do so - what method of labelling or type of markers do you use?

I use panel wiring cable markers. Get them in kits from RS.

They are available in plain white or coloured . The coloured ones follow the resistor colour code.

Hmmm, if I remenber from collage days, there is a rhyme to help you remember the order as well.:rolleyes: Dont think its postable !:eek:

They are available in plain white or coloured . The coloured ones follow the resistor colour code.

Hmmm, if I remenber from collage days, there is a rhyme to help you remember the order as well.:rolleyes: Dont think its postable !:eek:

LOL!

B Boys R Our Young Girls But V Go Without!

Those were the days! Supervisor ----es you a draw full of resistors and you had to put them all back in the right compartments!

What do you mean by marked or labelled?

For example, N1, N2 etc.... So you know what neutrals correspond to what lives (phases!).

Last edited by a moderator:

Betty Brown Runs Over Your Garden But Violet Grey Walks. (Green is number 5).
regards

LOL!

Those were the days! Supervisor ----es you a draw full of resistors and you had to put them all back in the right compartments!

For example, N1, N2 etc.... So you know what neutrals correspond to what lives (phases!).

erm...its now 'Lines' old chap

you are SOOOOO 16th edition:p

LOL!

Thats the one Dixon old chap, but it was V got wiser !

Happy Days !

i mark earths in board but just use marker pen for domestic as wylex boards number earths one way and neutrals the other

Reply to Marking Neutral and CPC at CU in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock