Discuss MAX LOAD FOR DOUBLE UK DOMESTIC 3 PIN SOCKET? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended by who and where?

Of that is the case then why on earth do we have socket circuits with more than one outlet on each circuit?

Would you install a separate circuit for a kettle, toaster, hair dryer etc etc ?
Appendix 15 page 453 Fig 15A iii

Recommended by who and where?

Of that is the case then why on earth do we have socket circuits with more than one outlet on each circuit?

Would you install a separate circuit for a kettle, toaster, hair dryer etc etc ?
Fixed loads Dave, fixed Loads.
Appendix 15A iii

it says in the manual don`t use an extension lead for the PAC....any idea why not?............
Ususlly because excessive volt drop across the lead during start current can cause premature compressor failure and there's lots of poor quality extension leads around. If it's a 2.5mm lead of a good brand name and relatively short in length it should be fine.

Double sockets have a rating of 13A on them don’t they?
I’ve ben through most makes and non of them take 12.5A on a thermostatically controlled deep fat frier used for 6 hours a day for more than a month or two. Nor do BS1363 plugs or BS1363A plugs!

Double sockets have a rating of 13A on them don’t they?
I’ve ben through most makes and non of them take 12.5A on a thermostatically controlled deep fat frier used for 6 hours a day for more than a month or two. Nor do BS1363 plugs or BS1363A plugs!
If the rating is only 13A, then they cannot be used for a standard RFC.

Reply to MAX LOAD FOR DOUBLE UK DOMESTIC 3 PIN SOCKET? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am looking for advice on getting an upgraded 25 meter extension cable from my office into my car park to charge my EV from an IP66 rated socket...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, new member here. I am a DJ/electronic music producer with basically zero experience in advanced electronics. I recently bought the...
Replies
Views
I'm not a qualified electrician, just diy. I need to add 4 double sockets above the workbench in my study. The total load isn't going to exceed...
Replies
Views
I have been told I can use a 30Amp welder from a normal UK socket. But I have seen numerous posts that say 13amp is max from single socket and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock