Discuss Megger 1552 Problems in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys

Ive got a megger mft 1552 that reads high on no trip setting when performing an earth loop. The noise symbol also appears when testing. This happens 9 out of 10 times when performing this test.

I took it to a local company for repair and recalibration in april. Got the tester back which was meant to be repaired and recalibrated but foolishly i didn't check to see if all was ok. Came to use it a couple of months later and still the same.

Has any one had any similar problems and how did they solve it?

Thanks

no-trip is a 3 lead test with the 1552. check the leads and also the 4mm sockets on the mft.

does itdo the same when using the 1363 lead?

Sounds like a silly question but have you got decent batteries in your Megger?

I've found anything below 10.5 volts will start to give odd readings.

is the picture just basically showing to bypass the rcbo
yes and also to bypass the MCB if you want. but don't forget to remove the L-E short before re-energising or you'll have performed another test (unspecified by BS7671), commonly called the Bang Test.

yes and also to bypass the MCB if you want. but don't forget to remove the L-E short before re-energising or you'll have performed another test (unspecified by BS7671), commonly called the Bang Test.
That seems how a lot of these so called electricians with their top of the range work ware and battery tools test. Now I've got some certs to write up hate doing it but if something happened etc./ now it's safe.

I've got a megger mft 1552 and even with the batteries on 9 volts it still performs as it should.
Only ever change batteries when the symbol is displayed.
As it's a live test the battery power shouldn't matter.

Yeh but is it working incorrectly. It does happen noise. Is this domestic or commercial. I have not encountered noise in a domestic so far but a couple of times in commercial offices.

Reply to Megger 1552 Problems in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I've got a megger mft 1720 that I was hoping any one can shed any light on When performing continuity tests (even when nulling the leads)...
Replies
Views
Megger MFT Deal!! Upgrade your toolkit with our exclusive offer! Purchase any of the Megger advanced multifunction testers – MFT1711, MFT1721...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Megger MFT Deals! Upgrade your toolkit with our exclusive offer! Purchase any of the Megger advanced multifunction testers –...
Replies
Views
Chaps - having problems with a new Megger MIT420/2 insulation/continuity tester 'oscillating' and failing to give stable resistance readings in...
Replies
Views
Bit of a long shot on here but does anyone have a circuit diagram for a Chavin Arnoux CA 6545 5kV tester? I've copied my post on EEVBLOG forum...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock