Discuss megger probes wont fit in to kewtech socket tester? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all..

Just got my brand new megger and am having a play.

The megger probes dont fit into my socket tester (Kewteck Kewcheck), or rather they are too short so don't reach the metal part in the tester. Does anyone know if there is a socket tester that they do fit, or are there different megger probes that will fit this socket tester?

Cheers.

My 1731 came with a dedicated socket lead... a 13A moulded plug with a lengthy of cable that terminates at 3 connectors... plug it straight into the Megger.

Have just looked at the datasheet on Megger's site and it's listed as a supplied accessory, so if you've not received it you might want to check with your supplier.

the Megger probes are notorious for this. they have the same problem with litemates.

I did tell you about that in your last post @happyhippydad :rolleyes: Reverse the leads is the answer. But as I said I hate the leads megger have. Or use the kewtech leads on your megger. And on your lightmates if you have them.

Reverse the leads! Simple as that :) I've just tried it and it works just fine. Thanks Vortigern.
My 1731 came with a dedicated socket lead... a 13A moulded plug with a lengthy of cable that terminates at 3 connectors... plug it straight into the Megger.

Have just looked at the datasheet on Megger's site and it's listed as a supplied accessory, so if you've not received it you might want to check with your supplier.
Sorry SparkyChick, I should have been more clear. It did come with the socket lead, but I do like using the socket adaptor (see buzz light years post picture in the second post) at times for fault finding.

the Megger probes are notorious for this. they have the same problem with litemates.
About 5 years ago Megger changed the design of their leads the old type fitted I think that in the past other members have used other make test leads in Megger test equipment which fits when I rang them up about this they said about their 13A plug lead but their test leads don't fit into light adaptors at the time I thought that they were going to bring out their own design of these so you had to buy theirs but it has not happened to date.

When I bought my light mates, I also picked up a set of leads similar to those suggested by @Midwest .

When fault finding with the plug lead I just change the leads at the Megger end.

Reply to megger probes wont fit in to kewtech socket tester? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net