Discuss mk narrow kitchen sockets? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

salisbury spark

Need 2 replace customers MK socket.
This is not as tall as the standard twin sockets
Mk tech support dont know what i mean (want a picture sending) and wholesalers dont either
This is obviously an old product(seen them before -never had 2 replace 1)
Would like to know if any suppliers still supply this size socket as customer thinks im ripping her off wanting 2 fit an normal back box and socket
Anybody remember these - were they stopped because of safety or just phased out?
Thanks chris

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture would look the same as a switched socket only not as tall
About 3/4 the height of a standard socket with normally spaced sockets and switches.
Going tomorrow morning 2 replace it .Just wanted some background on it- as customer just had £20 extra added to cut out and fit normal back box and socket(right up tight under kitchen unit and got to cut into tiles to fit metal box and regular socket). Customer burnt out 1 socket arching against loose plug...

erm might sound dense but will a normal socket not fit with the small backbox? might be tight or not fit at all but maybe worth a try, other option is to fit a surface patress to the original backbox (if cable will reach) may look sh*t but hey will be a cheap fix for her

thanks for help guys

Socket tight against unit so cant fit standard socket plate over old box as wont line up.(without cutting down socket haha)

Considered pattress box but i know customer wont accept this as socket is in eyeline when enter kitchen.

- customer gonna be good for more work in future so treading carefully...

If it's the type I am thinking of many of us have come across the early version screwed to a skirting board, but these are normally single sockets and mounted on a surface mount patress that is nicely shaped with slightly rounded corners. A twin socket outlet version of this was made and fitted on a backbox about the size of European backboxes.

This type was made obselete more years ago than I care to remember and are no longer available.

Will be interested to see a picture to confirm this one way or other.

Reply to mk narrow kitchen sockets? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock