Discuss Mobile Barista at wits end! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ok so although your peak demand is 1.2kw your average consumption is more in the region of 700w (0.7kw) that would halve the required battery's. so 7 rather than 15 should be sufficient. but I would be putting in 10 if it were my van.

Thank you. I think that my friend calculated 0.8kW and then said that I should have the 4 x 224Ah, 6V Powerline batteries. Would you advise against 6V ones?

It's a farce really all the weight you take there uses energy that has to be generated by some means . I bet there is a massive car park too.

It's a farce really all the weight you take there uses energy that has to be generated by some means . I bet there is a massive car park too.

The banning of generators is to supposedly prevent even a drop of fuel getting onto the grass! ... and before anyone suggests it, I've had an LPG generator - it was so bad that I sold it after only 3 days trading!

I suspect he was going to configure them as 2 banks of 6v in parallel, giving the equivalet of 2 x 110Ah 12v batteries in parallel. its not going to make a big difference to the cost or size requirements however you must remember that every week you will have to top these batteries up with distilled water, so make sure they are easy to access.

I suspect he was going to configure them as 2 banks of 6v in parallel, giving the equivalet of 2 x 110Ah 12v batteries in parallel. its not going to make a big difference to the cost or size requirements however you must remember that every week you will have to top these batteries up with distilled water, so make sure they are easy to access.

What? They need watering?? I can barely keep a house plant alive!! There is nothing on the website nor datasheet that says anything about watering - not that I was really able to understand anything on the datasheet :)

Would 4 of the aforementioned batteries be enough then?

my best guess is they would be dead in around 4 hours

offer a 30% discount to people who pedal enough charge into your eco friendly bicycle generator?
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but maths is maths and the sums add up to a lot of batteries!!

offer a 30% discount to people who pedal enough charge into your eco friendly bicycle generator?
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but maths is maths and the sums add up to a lot of batteries!!

I just don't understand how the maths could be so wildly different. I'm not saying you are wrong (as much as I would like you to be if you get my drift) but I stressed to the friend of mine how nervous I am about having enough power - the last event that I was at, my generator broke down and I was unable to trade for 40mins until it was fixed, I told my friend this.

I’ve had a few instances recently at events where traders who initially said they don’t need power as they have their own inverters, come asking for a feed as their batteries are drained or cut out when refrigeration compressors kick in. On the upside, this typically results in free food and beverages.

Feeling the need to rant now .... All other caterers must be having the same problem. It's not as though I need a lot of power! I only need 1.5kW, that's less than a domestic kettle! I see other traders flouting the new rules with their petrol/diesel generators, maybe I should just follow suit .... but my downfall is my conscience. I always want to make sure that I do the right thing and the one time that I don't, it'll be me that gets caught, thrown off site and there goes my reputation, pitch fee and income for the day!

I’ve had a few instances recently at events where traders who initially said they don’t need power as they have their own inverters, come asking for a feed as their batteries are drained or cut out when refrigeration compressors kick in. On the upside, this typically results in free food and beverages.

Are you a fellow trader or event organiser? If you are a trader, how have you got spare power to share?

I'd happily pay for hook up buy very few places even offer it. FYI, I always give my event organiser free coffee for the day ;-)

I've not had dinner yet and the mood I'm now in, I'm going to end up binge eating loads of unhealthy stuff and then I'll feel fat and then I'll be in an even worse mood. In the meantime, while I'm away, if anyone comes up with a fantastic solution to my dilemma, please just let me know.

Reply to Mobile Barista at wits end! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock