Discuss Multiple SSEG - no advance permission requested - please help in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

listmaker

Hi,
Hope someone can help here. We have recently taken over the electrical work and solar on a small new housing development. Some of the electrical and solar had already been completed/started by another contractor, but the developer got rid of them due to poor work.
The problem is I recently submitted the first few G83 confirmation of installation forms (App 3) for 1.5kw systems, and the DNO rang as I'd forgotten to include one of the diagrams. They then said they'll need to check if ok as multiple installations.

I asked the developer if permission had been requested originally and they said not sure (some solar already completed on the site by the other contractor and they said no issues arose, so they think it may have been requested - but I'm not convinced now)? I'm now not sure what to do? I know we should have checked that prior permission had been requested, but unfortunately assumed it had. I'm now concerned about what to do?

Should I contact the DNO for advice? And if so, what if they suggest that there may be costs? Any idea what these costs could be like?

Any advice would be appreciated

Hi,
Hope someone can help here. We have recently taken over the electrical work and solar on a small new housing development. Some of the electrical and solar had already been completed/started by another contractor, but the developer got rid of them due to poor work.
The problem is I recently submitted the first few G83 confirmation of installation forms (App 3) for 1.5kw systems, and the DNO rang as I'd forgotten to include one of the diagrams. They then said they'll need to check if ok as multiple installations.

I asked the developer if permission had been requested originally and they said not sure (some solar already completed on the site by the other contractor and they said no issues arose, so they think it may have been requested - but I'm not convinced now)? I'm now not sure what to do? I know we should have checked that prior permission had been requested, but unfortunately assumed it had. I'm now concerned about what to do?

Should I contact the DNO for advice? And if so, what if they suggest that there may be costs? Any idea what these costs could be like?

Any advice would be appreciated

Yes, contact the DNO, point out to the main contractor though that this is not your problem and you'll help them solve it

If you don't go for advance permission, the DNO can refuse connection after installation, if you do for permission, they could refuse before, either way, if the former the contractor may not pay you and you'll be out of pocket.

If the panels are a pre-condition on planning then the connection request to the DNO should have stated that there would be PV on the site, so the DNO is unlikely to refuse.

This is really the main contractor/developers responsibility - the same as planning permission is.

Reply to Multiple SSEG - no advance permission requested - please help in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net