Discuss My Qualifications - need help ! in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

luton-sparky

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have completed and achieved the following :-

Performing Engineering Operations Level 1
Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2330 Level 2
Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2330 Level 3
ECS Health & Safety assessment - Pass

So from a sparky's point of you what will i be classed as? Bare in mind i dont have any on site experience.

Cheers.:)

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
K

Keith Thompson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To get a JIB Card you ned to get an Electrotechnical NVQ 3 which is a site based assessment process plus the other quals you already hold.
Depending on which area of work their are various awarding bodies with whom you can get this & having delivered some 600 plus level 2 & 3 NVQs on site from Glasgow to Pembroke I may be able to get this for free through government funding for you. Its what I do for a living now, you my want to talk some more & that goes for anyone elese out there.
Ive just found this site & think I can help many people get where they need to go.

O

ONIT

Hi keith ,
just read your post can you pm me with more info on nvq3 cheers (i,e cost and time scale)

cheers onit

K

Keith Thompson

Basically its funded through Train to Gain & I & a team iof assessors deliver this through on site assessment, because of the funding it is quite often free at the point of delivery. Without an NVQ 3 you will not get a JIB Card, if you want to call me do so on 07870738467

P

pyrosym

Hi luton sparky,

From a JIB point of view you would be a trainee electrician stage 2

on proof of studying nvq 3 and working towards AM2 you become stage 3 trainee electrician.

To be Aproved Electrician (Gold card) you need NVQ 3 and 17th update on top of your existing quals (17th if your quals are more than 3 years old).

See the ECS card website for more details its not very clear cut but basically your tech' certs are only enough to make you apprentice / trainee level. Real world practical experience and proof of that is what you need now. I suggest you document and photograph every thing you do as a sparks to help you complete NVQ3.

Nice of you to take the time to post pyrosym but to be fair the thread is 4 years old and he maybe an electrical engineer by now

P

pyrosym

lol well spotted! I did search for new posts just filling a break!

8)

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to My Qualifications - need help ! in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom