Discuss NAPIT bought out Stroma? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Are the rumors true? If it is, I can only see that as being a bit of a blow to Stroma registered......

Andy78

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Heard this for weeks now but not seen anything official. You think there would be obligations for official information in this instance ?

Murdoch

Regular EF Member
Well ........ my Stroma membership is due in 5 days .............

Gavin John Hyde

Electrician's Arms
If they have then they will try to compete with certsure. Niceic and elecsa have same fees then surely stroma and napit would go the same?
I had heard something about stroma needing to put prices up but who knows?

N

Nigel

Stroma are finished. They will not be in the market in 12 months.

Napit are making some serious waves in the industry and NICEIC should be weary.

snowhead

Respected Member
Mentor
Trainee Access
The only evidence I can present is this document.
A document filed in Feb 2019 showing a charge by a Leasing company against Napit, (same as a mortgage would be) usually for equipment or vehicles, it doesn't say.
Look at the company name on page 1, then scroll to the very last page.

Napit, Advancr Pdf

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Request has expired</Message><X-Amz-Expires>60</X-Amz-Expires><Expires>2019-06-11T08:32:44Z</Expires><ServerTime>2019-06-11T09:10:06Z</ServerTime><RequestId>51373C978C8EF366</RequestId><HostId>b5aRCWvQFLM4GlCzt4SAMu10dpNDwxzHEt9zs4YG5aDjxJHwBvfGTf1B3XTl+ztSlVPNjTVZn1I=</HostId></Error> I will try and work it out ,with a enigma machine,lol.

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
jeez. no wonder solicitors charge £200+ per hour. I'd want more thsn that just to read that pile of legal jargon crap.

happyhippydad

Electrician's Arms
I'll believe it when I see it. It sounds a bit like Brexit, lots of noise but nothing actually happens.

Murdoch

Regular EF Member
I'll believe it when I see it. It sounds a bit like Brexit, lots of noise but nothing actually happens.
Gosh thats a rather tedious read ........... but Stroma are referenced on it ...... but why?

Wilko

Electrician's Arms
A document filed in Feb 2019 showing a charge by a Leasing company against Napit, (same as a mortgage would be) usually for equipment or vehicles, it doesn't say.
Look at the company name on page 1, then scroll to the very last page.

Napit, Advancr Pdf
Lovely - they couldn’t even be bothered to clean up the doc from a previous use.

Andy78

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Stroma are finished. They will not be in the market in 12 months.

Napit are making some serious waves in the industry and NICEIC should be weary.
As a Stroma member I'd be interested in any expansion on this info...

T

The Ghost

How anyone can construe that document, which is a charge on a loan as some kind of takeover of Stroma is beyond me.

Reactions: DPG
T

The Ghost

It does imply that they are a subsidiary
How do you divine that? I see mention of them but this a a class F commercial charge raised against NAPIT. The shares amount to 1p a nominal investment. Thats about it. Unless I have missed something.

naylorpd

Regular EF Member
According to this morgage document NAPIT hold 100 Class B shares in Stroma Installer Certification Limited (SICL) - that strongly suggests that A.N.Other holds at least 100 Class A shares.

SICL was only incorporated on 24/12/2018 and has almost no info at Companies House. At the time of incorporation it had 100 shares of £0.01, not divided into classes, which were held by Stroma Group Limited. Nothing at Comps Ho about class A or B shares. SICL has two directors, both of whom are directors of multiple Stroma companies.

But...within 2 months of incorporation another class of shares has been created, allotted to NAPIT and mortgaged....interesting, because to create and issue another class of shares you would have to hold a shareholders meeting and file something at Comps Ho - but nothing there.

T

The Ghost

It still remains that there is no concrete evidence to believe Napit are acquiring Stroma @naylorpd ??? Surely just pure conjecture?

naylorpd

Regular EF Member
It still remains that there is no concrete evidence to believe Napit are acquiring Stroma @naylorpd ??? Surely just pure conjecture?
No proof at all - only that NAPIT own some B shares in a Stroma subsidiary, evidenced by the mortgage document. Could be 50%, could be less, unlikely to be more. The name of the Stroma subsidiary implies that it is connected with supplier certification, but OTOH its a very new company. Another possibility is a joint venture rather than a takeover. But all conjecture, no public documents to prove.

OP
Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
so it turns out the rumors are true. Reading something, elsewhere that Stroma members are now being advised to ring NAPIT for any technical advice or anything regarding part P?

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 59 66.3%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.