NAPIT Certification Scheme napit desktop

Discuss napit desktop in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

eckersecker

When getting my napit visit the inspector mentioned NAPIT Desktop as a way to produce certs. Anyone know if it's any good any good? Do you have to pay the money every year? Is it compatible with the new system?

the one thing i do know is i downloaded it as a trial and it produced the nicest looking certs ive seen, and seemed straightforward to use.

It depends how many certs you issue in 1 year.
Napit desktop is £85 per year for endless amount of certs as apposed to buying a book of eic's at £11.34 for 25 and a book of mwc's at £9.83 for 50.
But as the previous post said, they look more professional with results and writing in print instead of scruffy hand writing!

The printed certs look more professional but the pads are handy If you want to do the job, test it & fill out the cert there and then leave it with the customer.

and a carbon copy is made at same time for your records, which although works out a bit dearer to purchase i find it works out a lot quicker, fill the cert in there and then give it straight to customer and leave your carbon copy in the book. job done and no additional paperwork when you get home

Last edited by a moderator:
Something to be aware of, is you can have this on as many machines as you need for as long as your subscription is valid, but YOU need to control your database and back it up securely. It is not stored centrally at NAPIT or elsewhere.

I do periodics as well, so I find it's good to be able to review what I've commented and coded before finalising the report.

At the moment though, I think the paper certs would be more cost effective, but the printed ones are definitely more professional.

Previously I used spreadsheet based certs, carrying a few printed blanks with me for when people wanted little jobs doing when I was on holiday!

Simon.

Reply to napit desktop in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock