Discuss NAPIT, NICEIC & UKAS questioned by MPs in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

haha the pants had been pulled down, i came across a job yesterday installed by a Part P scheme user (wont use the name) who used the SWA as the earth supplying 10 flats, terminated the SWA into UKPN glass fiber hut.

funny but tragic...

"To do the work under the scheme, the individual doing the work does NOT have to have training, that's true isn't it?"

"It depends....Well,, Yes"

I love watching the Select Committees, they tear people to pieces quite frequently.

Ha - Person A asks a question, Person B gives a reply. Any reply at all really. B’s hope is the reply will stop A asking again. In this case A was made of sterner stuff and put the question 5 times in 90 seconds :) .

Ha - Person A asks a question, Person B gives a reply. Any reply at all really. B’s hope is the reply will stop A asking again. In this case A was made of sterner stuff and put the question 5 times in 90 seconds :) .

Remember Robin Day asking ( or his son maybe) Margaret Thatcher what the answer would be to his first question.

Interesting video but I think the person being questioned could have stood up for Part P a little more confidently.

It's true, the work can be carried out by anyone but it still has to be signed off by someone who is registered. To be registered you have to be assessed as competent by a scheme. My scheme (Stroma) are quite strict and would not pass me unless I met all their criteria, answered all there questions and carried out my assessed job safely.

The registration scheme is far from perfect but I do think we just enjoy saying how bad they are as we feel bitter at having to fork out £300-£500.

I think one possible answer would be to police it more stringently, but then we'd have to pay even more!

Also, I think shoddy work is more often carried out by those who just don't care about their standard of work rather than if they have qualifications or not.

Interesting video but I think the person being questioned could have stood up for Part P a little more confidently.

It's true, the work can be carried out by anyone but it still has to be signed off by someone who is registered. To be registered you have to be assessed as competent by a scheme. My scheme (Stroma) are quite strict and would not pass me unless I met all their criteria, answered all there questions and carried out my assessed job safely.

The registration scheme is far from perfect but I do think we just enjoy saying how bad they are as we feel bitter at having to fork out £300-£500.

I think one possible answer would be to police it more stringently, but then we'd have to pay even more!

Also, I think shoddy work is more often carried out by those who just don't care about their standard of work rather than if they have qualifications or not.
Sorry mate, not going to happen, in my lifetime any way, mind you I could pop my clogs tomoz hope not though I enjoy this forum.

Reply to NAPIT, NICEIC & UKAS questioned by MPs in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock