Discuss NEED PROFESSIONAL OPINIONS in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP WE ARE AT RISK OF FURE OR SHOCK THIS IS A CODE 1,I’m disabled got no electricity in flat landlord cut it off since November 2019 to evict me fire in electrical cupboard

Attachments

• Report from cowboy company .pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 0EB368BC-B56F-4AF4-AF9C-F39E5E440BD3.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 19
  • C344FBFC-8E20-46FB-8179-F656B01D8E1C.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 20
  • FFF37776-4127-4D04-B30B-4757C99B8C10.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 20
You have had no electricity for 7 months?

That’s correct, the landlord instructed his guy to cut it off. Then he issued notice to leave, section 8

Why did he give you notice to leave? Was it 6 months notice?

Excess Cold Category 1 Hazard
 There is no fixed heating in the flat
 The skylight does not close properly
 Inadequate wall and roof insulation
Domestic hygiene, pests & refuse Category 2 Hazard
 Large rat hole in the front garden and evidence of rat runs in the external yard areas Personal Hygiene Sanitation and Drainage Category 2 Hazard
 Shower does not work
 Toilet is not attached to the wall properly
 Sink is coming away from the wall
Electrical hazards Category 2 Hazard
 There is no electrical installation condition report or records for the installation and the works that have been carried out in the property.
 Overloading of sockets throughout the flat
 Light switches hanging off the walls
Ref: ha2004 schedule Lu: 100607 Page 3 of 17

 Wires going out through an open window of the Garden flat to the main house.
Food Safety Category 2 Hazard
 The kitchen in the original flat is in a poor condition. It has damaged work surfaces and cupboards
[automerge]1593607165[/automerge]
Excess Cold Category 1 Hazard
 There is no fixed heating in the flat
 The skylight does not close properly
 Inadequate wall and roof insulation
Domestic hygiene, pests & refuse Category 2 Hazard
 Large rat hole in the front garden and evidence of rat runs in the external yard areas Personal Hygiene Sanitation and Drainage Category 2 Hazard
 Shower does not work
 Toilet is not attached to the wall properly
 Sink is coming away from the wall
Electrical hazards Category 2 Hazard
 There is no electrical installation condition report or records for the installation and the works that have been carried out in the property.
 Overloading of sockets throughout the flat
 Light switches hanging off the walls
Ref: ha2004 schedule Lu: 100607 Page 3 of 17

 Wires going out through an open window of the Garden flat to the main house.
Food Safety Category 2 Hazard
 The kitchen in the original flat is in a poor condition. It has damaged work surfaces and cupboards

I would advise leaving based on the state of the place. Doesn't sound at all safe or habitable, and the landlord will need the place empty to do all that work.

You have had no electricity for 7 months?
I’m a disabled tenant with a chronic illness and I can’t wash or cook my dr has written that the property has caused my health to decline
[automerge]1593607402[/automerge]
I would advise leaving based on the state of the place. Doesn't sound at all safe or habitable, and the landlord will need the place empty to do all that work.
Duty of care
Can’t just leave

I’m a disabled tenant with a chronic illness and I can’t wash or cook my dr has written that the property has caused my health to decline

I'm not surprised. I would fully agree with your doctor. The sooner you move out the better. Have you contacted the relevant services?

I'm not surprised. I would fully agree with your doctor. The sooner you move out the better. Have you contacted the relevant services?
Yes but I’m fighting to have the place repaired and stay here, I shouldn’t have to move. The onus is on the landlord I have a protected disability
[automerge]1593607754[/automerge]

[automerge]1593607851[/automerge]
2 weeks
[automerge]1593607891[/automerge]
Section 8

Yes but I’m fighting to have the place repaired and stay here, I shouldn’t have to move. The onus is on the landlord I have a protected disability
[automerge]1593607754[/automerge]

I personally wouldn't want to stay there if the landlord has allowed things to get so bad. I can't imagine how you've lived there for so long like that.

As I say, it sounds like you would have to move out for a good while until repairs are complete. And that's assuming your landlord is willing to do them. And also if he can afford to do them - it will cost a lot of money.

Any reason you particularly want to stay in that house?

If I leave it means I made myself homeless

If I leave it means I made myself homeless

No you haven't, the landlord has issued notice on you. Which he is allowed to do providing he gives correct notice.

Thread closed, see similar thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NEED PROFESSIONAL OPINIONS in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net