Discuss New Consumer Unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Alscho

DIY
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new on here. I'm not an electrician. I'm just seeking some advice. I hope this is the correct section. My parents have just had a new consumer unit fitted. The electrician is NAPIT registered. He didn't leave an installation certificate. When I phoned him and asked about this he explained that it's all submitted online these days, just like gas safe certification. Is this correct? Or should I demand an actual physical copy? Many thanks.

only notification under part p is submitted on line. as for the cert. he should have given you one. it's about 6 pages and should have a schedule of test results attached.
1589288824506.png

Sorry to go off-topic, but I have noticed that when people reference that registration body there is a mouseover which claims that the body are operated by Certsure, which clearly isn't correct.

Thanks for all the advice. He's assured me they'll receive a hard copy in the next few weeks and that I can check building control applications for a NAPIT replacement consumer unit. Just seemed a bit dubious to me but he has loads of feedback on various sites and is registered with NAPIT like I say. Said it might be a few weeks because of delays with Covid.

We get 20-odd days (25?) to submit the notification to Building Control after the work is completed, but I find it better to do the certificate and paperwork asap, while I can recall all the details, rather than drag it out till the last moment.

Thanks for all the advice. He's assured me they'll receive a hard copy in the next few weeks and that I can check building control applications for a NAPIT replacement consumer unit. Just seemed a bit dubious to me but he has loads of feedback on various sites and is registered with NAPIT like I say. Said it might be a few weeks because of delays with Covid.
It is dubious Alscho, he should issue a completion certificate when the work was completed, there's no time scale for this.
The 25 days or 4 weeks, whatever, is for notification to BC for compliance of part P.

Reply to New Consumer Unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net