Discuss New Gear box oil for electric motor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just had to pull off a damaged motor to be sent off (oil everywhere ) any ideals and I know it a very general question , what grade of oil to put back in when the motor comes back . Ta

Just had to pull off a damaged motor to be sent off (oil everywhere ) any ideals and I know it a very general question , what grade of oil to put back in when the motor comes back . Ta

It should be stamped on the gearbox. Or if you have the make and model, will be in the data sheet for it.

Using the wrong oil will decrease it's life but a whole lot better than no oil at all.

Yep I know it should be on the gear box but it not (unless it's under the 15 coats of paint ) and as for data sheets not a chance . It one of them great buys which is great condition the should only need linking back up , in fact all the cables had been cut out both motors had been damaged by the trucks putting it up and four of the Bearing are knackered

Send it to the motor company doing the motor repair, they will mount it back on the motor and prime it with the correct lubricant/oil.

I have hammered in an oil seal during a call out and filled it up with some 10w 40 that was in the van....production is king.

As far as I know it had no issues!

But the sensible answer has been said already, it’s normally on the data plate along with the ratio etc.

Reply to New Gear box oil for electric motor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello I'm Ronald Alliy, I have current came up with what I believe is a Infinite Electricity source. Attached is my proof. I'm a noob at blender...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Very much a novice when it comes to electrics. Anyway, we're getting an EV chargepoint installed, but before we do, I was wondering what...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have a G40PSH (Greenworks 40v Long Reach Cordless Hedge Trimmer) which I have taken apart before to sharpen the blades. Only this time...
Replies
Views
Need to replace an old Vent-Axia extractor fan as the pull chord no longer works. I bought this -...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock