Discuss New Installation or not? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ridge

Hi

I've just bought a repossed property when the supply has been cut off for over a year. EON have told me that they won't reconnect until I get a new installation certificate.

I've spoken to a couple of electricians who say this is nonsense and they can't do it anyway since they didn't design the installation.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Is it just some sort of inspection EON need?

TIA

Neil

Ask a local registered electrician to do a periodic inspection report.

If the house is deemed satisfactory then you shouldnt have a problem.

However, if the house hasnt been touched for a number of years then its quite possible that it may need a considerable amount of work to bring up to current regulations.

Varies a fair bit by region and could be anything from around £150ish upwards.

Then again, if its that bad he may take one look and say its not worth testing and only charge a small fee for the callout.

Ask your local electrician when you call to book.

Good luck.:)

Reply to New Installation or not? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

If there isn't a 2-pole isolator there already, I usually get the client to arrange to get one fitted before I do a board change, either through...
Replies
Views
NAPIT Certification Scheme Third Party Certification
Is there anybody out there in NAPITs Third Party Certification Scheme who would be willing to certify a new consumer unit I am wanting to install...
Replies
Views
I found myself needing to do some emergency plumbing at home this evening. I've got a small guest flat on my property which has been empty for...
Replies
Views
Hi All I’m in charge of the maintenance (machinery and facilities) in a plastics manufacturing business. I have a ‘team’ of little old me and an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock