Discuss New product ? - intelligent ir distribution system for multiple sky hd receivers in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
"Hello All",

As I am definitely NOT any kind of expert in Sky TV / IR Remote Control signal distribution products this may not be the `new innovation` product that it seems to Me - but just in case it would be helpful for other Members who work on TV / Sky distribution systems I thought that I would highlight it to the Forum.

I think that I have read posts on this Forum asking about how to configure individual remote controls and `magic eyes` or other IR transmission devices to control multiple Sky HD Boxes [and Sky Plus Boxes] from a centralised unit - although I have never really given much thought to why You might want to do this.

Because I was interested in Home Automation and TV / Satellite Signal Distribution in the past and subscribed to websites where that type of information is available I get product information Emails from the `Automated Home` website and from Keene Electronics - an Email Today contained information about this product below:

This new [?] product from Keene Electronics seems to be to enable the Home owner / Business owner to use the Sky Boxes controlled by their individual Remote Controls without each Remote Control`s signal affecting any other Sky Box:

KEENE INTELLIGENT IR DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM FOR MULTIPLE SKYHD RECEIVERS : IR4SKY

It seems to be being `heralded` by the Company as if this product has been much sought after and now they have produced it.

I am still trying to guess what scenario this would be useful in - I have 2 Sky Boxes at my Home - the fact that they are in separate rooms means that one IR Remote Control does not affect the other Sky Box.

Obviously this product would enable You to have more than one Sky HD Box in the Room and the Remote Controls would only control the Sky Box that they are `paired with` via the Unit - unless I am missing something how often would that be required ?

I would be very interested in Members comments about this product - especially any explanations of how it would be useful - and if it is `a much awaited product` [words to that effect] ?

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:

Reply to New product ? - intelligent ir distribution system for multiple sky hd receivers in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net