Discuss Newbie & NICEIC assessment advice! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Phill

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie from the West Midlands, just starting out in the electrickery world (certainly not in life... change of direction) and have my NICEIC assessment in a few weeks for registration as a domestic installer.

This is my first ever and so any tips and info about what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Howdy!
Assessment, hmm.
Know your regs. Look in the book if you need to. Nobody remembers it all.
Make sure you’ve got all your paperwork, HSE, insurance, complaints procedure, etc all in place.
Make sure your chosen installation is 100%.
Use safe isolation procedures.
Stock up with coffee, tea and chocolate Hobnobs.

Howdy!
Assessment, hmm.
Know your regs. Look in the book if you need to. Nobody remembers it all.
Make sure you’ve got all your paperwork, HSE, insurance, complaints procedure, etc all in place.
Make sure your chosen installation is 100%.
Use safe isolation procedures.
Stock up with coffee, tea and chocolate Hobnobs.
Make sure your chosen install is 100%, says it all really? booger the rest then.

Also make sure your test gear is calibrated and you have the cert.

Welcome
On your first assessment i felt they are a bit softer than a annual visit,
Dont volunteer answers and only answer what they ask, it avoids the possibility of you making yourself look daft.
Know your safe isolation and have in addition to the big job, have some certificates for jobs you have done, even if small jobs for family and friends. If you want to take up the time then ask them questions.
In all honesty, they aren't that bad, if the paperwork and stuff is in place and you know the essentials then you are likely to pass.

Welcome
On your first assessment i felt they are a bit softer than a annual visit,
Dont volunteer answers and only answer what they ask, it avoids the possibility of you making yourself look daft.
Know your safe isolation and have in addition to the big job, have some certificates for jobs you have done, even if small jobs for family and friends. If you want to take up the time then ask them questions.
In all honesty, they aren't that bad, if the paperwork and stuff is in place and you know the essentials then you are likely to pass.
Foregone conclusion!

Hi Phil and welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will be fine. he will tell you what he wants you to do, just remember your training and do things right. If you are unsure about anything then just ask him, it shows you're bothered about doing things right.

Yeah would be nice to get an update.

Hi all,

Yesss, sorry for not updating... all went very well despite the actual job I chose for the assessment throwing up all sorts of extra problems for me to deal with. Such as a builder cutting through one of the lighting cables giving me 6 hours of fault finding, undersize main earth, existing RCD failing disconnection time etc etc A very good real world learning experience though.

The NICEIC themselves were very fair and onside, no tricks or traps so it was up to me alone to mess it up but I followed the tips and advice given on here, felt prepared and the day went pretty smoothly with acceptance being the end result.

Thanks again to all who took the time to share their experience and knowledge it was a huge help.
cheers

Reply to Newbie & NICEIC assessment advice! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock