• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss newly qualified sparky :) in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Reaction score
Hello.
I'm near the end of level 3 Domestic Electrical Installer.
All modules done, only 3 practical weeks to go, yay!
BS7671 17th under my belt, 2392 inspection, testing and verification, along with other certificates.
I'm 44*cough* years old, born and bred in New Zealand, with not much practical experience as a sparky.
I'll be in the market for work soon and was wondering if anyone had any tips or could point me in a direction workwise?
I'm based in the lovely town of Peterborough, paradise!
Thanks,
Gary

PS: apologies if this kind of question has been asked before... :)

Level 3 commercial and industrial not 100% sure what that is..

I would say it boils down to what experience you have TBH. I believe you done a long distance learning course so I would say experience may not be on your side.
Personally if I was you I would apply to be an electricians mate for a good while, build up that much needed knowledge until you feel confident to maybe work for yourself and join a CPS scheme.

The course does include 9 practical weeks on-site at their training facilities.
Was fun doing installs of circuits and then testing them afterward.
Took a few goes to get the hang of SWA cables connected.

My next practical week is fault finding, and environmental technology systems, what fun!
Week 8 is circuit design.
Week 9 is 3 phase inspection and testing.
Once I've been working for a while, I'll be tackling the AM2 exam.

Good advice about going down the mate route, it will get you experience, at the moment you would drown on site, but you know that, ring around a few companies asking for a mates job Gary.

I've tinkered a bit on the house, but that's as far as my experience goes.
Electrician's mate was my thinking too.
Not sure if I should go door-knocking at the local sparkies.
Will be keeping my eyes on the job scene too.
It might help to say where you are someone on here might be looking......

Edit: I really should keep reading the thread before I jump in and reply :rolleyes:

Reply to newly qualified sparky :) in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net