Aico 3000
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Nice to see him go round with a torque screwdriver after... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Impact drivers will drive those concrete bolts into a base, with pre-drilled pilots holes, but a socket wrench will do that too, and very quietly, albeit not so quickly. Screwing in long screws or coachbolts is easy with an impact driver, but most other woodworking tasks can be achieved with a normal drill-driver, and that saves stress on the components/structure. As an essential precaution, always wear eye protection, especially with an impact driver. Even the so-called impact screwdriver bits can shatter under the pressure...a shard from a broken bit embedded itself in my face, 5mm from my right eye...hence the patch.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
thinking about getting one of these to speed up my board changes ...
I have one of these:
https://www.bigredpowertools.co.uk/milwaukee-m18oneid2-0x

It is fantastically useful for drilling with the hex-shaft style of drill bits or the Armeg hole saws for 20mm & 25mm, and driving in big fixing screws or loosening most stuff.

But even on its lowest setting (which I almost always use) it can break small-medium sized stuff. It has a 'variable' speed trigger but it is hard to keep it from just hammering things down...

I hardly ever use the normal battery drill any more, though the 3-jaw chuck is more precise for drilling than the hex shaft drill bits and it has better speed control. So definitely get one, but just not for terminals m'kay?

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Just to add: the Milwaukee power tools have clips for your belt but I just unscrew them as they get in the way for getting in to difficult places. Also if you do try hanging it off your belt then you just end up mooning folk!

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Arms
Noooooo I have enough tools, but it does sound (or not) good, a surge impact driver, no I don't want one, can you get them cheaper, will try FFX they always seem to be the cheapest for tools, no stop it, I need a drink.

Just to add: the Milwaukee power tools have clips for your belt but I just unscrew them as they get in the way for getting in to difficult places. Also if you do try hanging it off your belt then you just end up mooning folk!

Hate those belt clips on Makita tools, but wish they were still in place every time I'm up a ladder.

Reply to Nice to see him go round with a torque screwdriver after... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.