Discuss NICEIC 2391 no exam is this normal ? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Diver233

-
Arms
Reaction score
Advice gladly accepted.
So I’ve spent well over £1000 and loads and loads of time studying for the City and Guilds 2391 exam with the NICEIC. Did the course last week and took and passed the multi choice test on the fourth day, with the practical and written test left to do. I was told when I booked it that I would be given a choice of exam dates during the course. So I ask all week and the poor tutor keeps leaving messages for someone but to no avail.
I speak to someone today and am told someone will ring me back, but no one does.
Anyone had this experience, or got any advice as I really want to do the exams why it’s grease in my mind. Plus as well I am still not qualified to sign off ECIR.
This is the first course I have done with NICEIC, it seams they are not as bothered as the commercial training bodies, no wonder people go to the be trained in ten minutes companies.

Over a grand to do the 2391? Is that how much it cost now?

I can't remember how much it cost for the original 2391 I sat, but the 2394 & 5 that I sat to check the college out for my apprentices charged 700 for the 2 courses (a week of class time and all the exams).

Was it the NICEIC that provided the course, or a contracted training provider? might seem a daft question, so what was the training providers name?

Pete,
Yep was booked through NICEIC website, delivered by Certsure in the NICEIC BUILDING IN Chesterfield

Whilst I appreciate legally you can sign off, it’s our company and accreditation policy

But you do need to prove competence should anything go wrong.

An I've never been part of a scheme, but don't some memberships require it? Not something I know about.
This is true, I am a QS but don't hold such a qualification even though I am constantly advised it would be an idea to consider it. Holding such a qualification may suggest competence but as we all know this is not necessarily the case.

Pete,
Yep was booked through NICEIC website, delivered by Certsure in the NICEIC BUILDING IN Chesterfield

Whilst I appreciate legally you can sign off, it’s our company and accreditation policy
Thanks, the reason for the question really, I was thinking that you may have bee a victim of a scam, but in this case that doesn't seem to be the case, sorry for the seemingly dumb question.

Hi - to provide a report under your CPS (using their name or warranty for example) it’s normal for the CPS to first assess you. In my case they interviewed me, reviewed previous reports and accepted 2391 as sufficient.
The “no exam info” problem you’ve had is a local management issue, in my opinion. My trainer was very well organised :)

I suspect that as they are not a city guilds centre they do the theory but then look to book you on for exams etc elsewhere but havent managed it. Quite common !
I paid 900 odd for the 2391-52 course in Bristol. Decent legit centre (morris services ltd)

Over a grand to do the 2391? Is that how much it cost now?

I can't remember how much it cost for the original 2391 I sat, but the 2394 & 5 that I sat to check the college out for my apprentices charged 700 for the 2 courses (a week of class time and all the exams).

Think I paid nearly 900 for the 2394 and 2395, but that was two concurrent 12 week courses on evening class sessions.

Well I would have paid that if it hadn't been funded by an EU regional development fund.

Interesting that Andy - I already have that qualification but I'm interested to know how the eu regional development fund works while we still have access to it
It was only in the local area through a nominated provider and for a limited time.
Rumour was it was to do with Siemens opening a factory in the area and the EU granting the local authority funding to improve the local skill base. It was available for all courses that could be seen as CPD in your chosen trade/skill area.
Not sure I have used the right term by the way.

Reply to NICEIC 2391 no exam is this normal ? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock