Discuss Niceic pre-assessment passed in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

ggf

Passed the first stage yesterday to joining the Approved Contractor Scheme, really nice guy but he grilled me with loads of technical questions. have my site visits in september, can anyone give me any info on what i can expect please. :icon14:

hI ggf

Can you tell me some details on the type and quantity of jobs you plan to show?
as i plan to uprade to approved next year, but only being a sole trader im struggling to get enough decent commercial/industial jobs within 6 months to show an assesor

It seems im in this catch 22 like with part p all over again, i have had a few real good jobs come my way in the last year or so, a run of PIR work and a maintenance contract with a school but they all required A/C status

Hi mate they are very good with what they Would like to see, as he said to me you can't magic up work, I will be taking him to two domestic rewires that I have just finished and a cu change. He left it up to me on the type of job I show him, he looked at the certs for my commercial jobs, and then said show what you can.

Hey ggf

Well thats good news i may apply sooner rather than later then, it seems its two different stories from what the call centre people say and what the assesors in the field actually require!

did you buy full copies of bs5839 fire or 5266 em lighting regs, or are the IEE guides good enough, as i dont plan to install any fire detection beyond domestic really

sorry for all the questions but phoning up the nic directly i never seem to get any straight answers

Hi Welchyboy I had the bs5839 part 6 and the 5266 from a company i worked for back in the day, I did download some of the bs5839 part 1 he wasn't that concerned with that.
If you send my your email i will send you what i have to save you buying them.I say go for it as long as your certificates are all ok and you know your stuff you will be fine, as you are with the NicEic anyway you will only need to show him 3 sites because you would have been assessed on the DI this year.

My NICEIC assessor for AC status was a great chap and very thorough. He was hot on paperwork/certs, liked that my files also contained diagrams on more complicated wiring etc. My assessment started at 08.50 hrs and finished at 18.10 and he didn't want to stop for lunch. He'd have seen right through the 'help yourself to a biscuit' ploy! He was of the view that he was with me for the day so we might as well make use of the time. We looked at single and TP, work requiring an EIC, minor works and also PIR's etc.

Shame the NICEIC office is so sh1te (in my opinion) when this assessor knew his stuff and an was an ambassador for the organisation.

Good luck ggf with you assessment. I'm sure your paperwork and testing are top-notch and you'll sail through the day :)

I had my assessment on wednesday and I passed :smiley2:. The inspector was very good asked me lots of questions,The nice thing was he couldn't fault my work (must be doing something right)

Well done fella!, i applied about 2 weeks ago now just waiting for my pre assessment date! how long did yours take from when you paid your £££?

thank you welchyboy, it took about 3 weeks due to admin problems at the niceic to book me in the system. After that it all happened quickly. Make sure you get your head back in the books for all the calcs on design etc, all the tech talk is at the pre-assessment. Good luck mate let me know how it goes

Reply to Niceic pre-assessment passed in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net