Discuss niceic registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

can anyone tell me if i can do periodic inspections if i only join the nic domestic installer scheme

Sorry i have just checked the web site and i can't do the pir, but can anyone tell me how much it cost's to do this with the nic. I know it's all in with napit. but I think the nic are the more reputable scheme to go with.

many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, I have got to many things spinning around in my head since i was made reduntent. I don't even know where to start :)

If you want to carry out Domestic Periodic Inspections under the Domestric Installer Banner[ using NICEIC Purple Forms} then yes you are correct you have to undergoe a further additional assessment in order to be enrolled on their Domestic Periodic Reporting scheme....this means a further additional fee of about £300. not sure of exact cost but it is published on the NICEIC website.You are limited to Domestic P.I.Rs and you would be better off going for full Approved contractor status ...giving access to the all encompassing Red forms withouit additional fees and assessments for P.I.Rs

Alternatively if your work allows it ,then as DHES-LTD states ;you can simply use any other type of Non-NICEIC forms or even their Non Registered Contractor green forms.

The choice is yours.

spark1

hello chaps iv just gained my niceic registration domestic installer im buzzin now big time lol very easy goin chap very tight on earthin tho all me bonds where in place but he wanted to knw why i never earthed back boxes to light switches he said its an instent fail but he gave me some slack so i put em all in wile he was there lol all ya paper works gotta be in place i never had H&S policy or complaints prosidure so i gotta fax em to head office before i get me ticket, had to do ring test pfc ze, zs to sockets rcd, he was only with me for hour n half went quite quick realy so tht it now thts me done for another year ******* MINT :) lol

MOD EDIT: SWEAR AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE BANNED

its a great feelin isnt it once he says thts the end and u'v passed i felt like i was dreamin, realy tho i wanted him to smack me in the face to comform i was awake lol

Well done iceman what other paperwork did you need Ive been told you need elect at work regs along with OSG and BS7671 is that correct.

Chris

yeah you'll need all tht and calibration cert etc to be honest it wasnt as bad as i expected it to be thy not realy out to get ya just to make sure you knw wot ya doin it was a breeze realy ;-)

Well done Iceman ! funny though when people pass something the assessors a great guy when they fail the assessors a son of a gun lol best of luck and wish you all well
Regards
Kung.

hello there the asseser was very easy goin realy there wasnt realy any hard questions, asked me to work out the R1 + R2 on the ring curcuit and wot the expected result would be after doin end to end tests asked me wots the max Ze on pme system 0.35 aslo wanted to knw if me messured value for Zs on sockets wos exceptable at 0.60 checked the onsite guide for corrected value 1.16 id say he just wanted to see me demostrate gud testing skills i was abit nervous wen he came threw the door but i soon settled down no probs the one thing i was surprised about he never talked about the big red book much i hope i get him again next year lol

sounds good that mate, lets hope they're all like that. well dun again,u can hav a gud bevvy at the weekend now!

to rite i will mate gona start with the champaigne lol i just hope the work starts rollin in now its been dyer round here i'll get a good week thn about 6weeks with hardly anythin pants i tell lol

Reply to niceic registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock