Discuss No space for new CU. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

don't matter anyway, coz as soon as you post a pic. on here, it will be turned sideways anyway

A very good musician once told me wife (who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket) everyone can sing, just some can sing better than others

Thanks for providing a link back to this thread 1sc , just what we need , a never-ending loop lol.

Thanks for pointing that out although 1) not sure why the forum keeps doing that when I add "speech" tags 2) not sure that it was really worthy of a post. Having said that some like to see those post totals add up eh lmao

;) xxxx

I once got heavily criticised on here when I was a new member, I asked why a cu would not be able to go its side. I got told by a member ( cannot remember who) that an mcb works on gravity. If an mcb is turned on its side then the gravitational pull isn't where it should be and it will affect te trip times.

I then proceeded to say it complete and utter ********
And then got told I didn't have a clue what I was talking about, look into how mcb's are made and come back when ya learnt somat.......

I once got heavily criticised on here when I was a new member, I asked why a cu would not be able to go its side. I got told by a member ( cannot remember who) that an mcb works on gravity. If an mcb is turned on its side then the gravitational pull isn't where it should be and it will affect te trip times.

I then proceeded to say it complete and utter ********
And then got told I didn't have a clue what I was talking about, look into how mcb's are made and come back when ya learnt somat.......

I was always told to mount a CU the correct way up because of the A) IP rating and B) the fact that, if mounted at right angles, it contravenes the manufacturers instructions (not great if anything goes wrong, whether if your fault or not!)

With regards MCBs operating due to gravity, that sounds like rubbish to me... Seen many a board which is DESIGNED for the breakers to be in sideways!

I guess you can, but it isn't worth the hassle, you'll be called back within the week to change it. After the clients know it all neighbour has said "oh that's wrong" " oh that's really dangerous "

I'd either move the isolator, or say to the client it's got to the a smaller board with rcbo's

I guess you can, but it isn't worth the hassle, you'll be called back within the week to change it. After the clients know it all neighbour has said "oh that's wrong" " oh that's really dangerous "

I'd either move the isolator, or say to the client it's got to the a smaller board with rcbo's

So long as the client is made aware of what work will be carried out before installation commences and reasons can be supported with the manufacturers instructions/any other literature proving it complies then I'm sure they will be happy and have no reason to be concerned. Sell it to them by showing them the comparison quote of the RCBO's and let them make the decision. :thumbsup

thanks for all the info guys,

Sure you want to know,

It's done,
It's on it's side,
It looks ok,
But...
Won't be doing it again...

And all for the sake of a 17th board with 6 circuits.....!

RCBOs all the way from now on.

thanks for all the info guys,

Sure you want to know,

It's done,
It's on it's side,
It looks ok,
But...
Won't be doing it again...

And all for the sake of a 17th board with 6 circuits.....!

RCBOs all the way from now on.

Do you have a photo you can post?

guarantee it he posts a pic, thr forum will rotate it 90deg. anyway.

Reply to No space for new CU. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock