Discuss Not plasterer this time but suspended ceiling monkey in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

plugsandsparks

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Been a long day, was doing a "routine" EICR, 12way TP DB, warehouse and offices. Going well just a couple of 400V labels and a missing earth in a light switch and was down to the last circuit "office ring" on C32.
Thought be home for 3:00pm, however got the wires out of the DB and no continuity on CPC. After a bit of faffing about in the ceiling void eventually pinned it down between two sockets, but nothing wrong with wiring at sockets, checked ceiling void for roses, checked those still no joy. Confidence is slipping now so i get some earth cable out of the car and run across the floor to confirm i am not going mad. Sure enough continuity comes with my cable across the floor. Traced the cable in the ceiling void, looks OK, then noticed something that made my stomach drop and straight out for a smoke.
Ceiling muppet had put a nail straight through cable. Been like that for years.
Couldn't get the cable out (cos its nailed in), so thought hey dont like rings anyway and converted it to two radials after re-jigging all the breakers in the board (old QOE) managed to get rid of C32 and replace with C20 and B16, ZSs all good.
Here's a pic, the nail is going through the wood battern, not the rusty cable clip above.Not plasterer this time but suspended ceiling monkey nail_through_cable2 - EletriciansForums.net

pat on the back for finding that one , mate.

This client i fix as i go along, replaced several tubes, fixed the missing earth in light switch, labelled it all up - so client gets a satisfactory. Much cheaper and simpler than closing everything up and coming back 2 weeks later.

Reply to Not plasterer this time but suspended ceiling monkey in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock