Discuss Number of sparks in U.K in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

i had a pair of them a few years back, i found they were ok for small stuff upto about 2.5, maybe 4mm. also found that if you tried using them on cable that didnt have much chalk inside it stripped through both sheaths and left three bare conductors, at which point they got launched!

i had a pair of them a few years back, i found they were ok for small stuff upto about 2.5, maybe 4mm. also found that if you tried using them on cable that didnt have much chalk inside it stripped through both sheaths and left three bare conductors, at which point they got launched!

yeah thats what i found, bit hit and miss:cool:

they are panel wire strippers .i've got a better pair gathering dust in my 2nd tool box
im talking something that can strip 3 feet of cable without stressing the inner cores

they are panel wire strippers .i've got a better pair gathering dust in my 2nd tool box
im talking something that can strip 3 feet of cable without stressing the inner cores

What you're looking for Wayne is an apprentice working under bain of death!!!:eek::eek:

Just general thought, new ideas are always coming out with regard to improvement on existing tools or new tools. Some succeed, many do not but until they are tried you never know.

I reckon we must have all seen new tools advertised and thought, that's a good idea and when we buy one just can't get on with it and yet other people swear by them. That's life, we all have different preferences and methods.

Back to the original thread, SWA type cable is used extensively throughout Europe but not necessarily terminated in the same way (we are back to Spanish wiring). In several countries the useage tends to be external and severe adverse primarily as internal "reinforced" tends to be a form of SY.

Potentially there would be an international market available. Have you thought about selling the idea to an existing tool manufacturer with a licencing fee per unit sale. If you could do this it would eliminate your risk factor considerably.

Shakey i have a tool for stripping armored cable, a working prototype.
when i go and see the suits with the cash the 1st thing they ask is "what is your market size" I know not all sparks will buy it and i predict that it will be mainly bought by firms with 5+ workers or self employed who cant afford time off cos they just took a couple of fingers off with the stanley.

Again i thought that this site would be the best place to get the info as its for sparks, regardless of their level of qualifications . hope you can help:( the city and guilds lot will not give me any help

That sounds interesting...

My oldest lad has just qualified and works on the commercial side of the trade.....when you get this off the ground pm me some info on it and his firm might just buy it..:)

erm.....why?:confused:

Ok, now i know what context the question is asked in, you have really gone off kilter

You seem to be implying:-

A. The minimum qualification for stripping SWA is C&G installation A.

and

B. Part P or NIC registered people do not/cannot strip SWA

Fella, it seems the questions you need the answer to are:-

A. How many people install SWA in the UK

and

B. How many of those people would want to buy a dedicated stripper (that havent already bought a dedicated stripper)

Unfortunately, the questions you DID ask bare absolutely no relation to the ones you would NEED to ask:confused:

Something is tingling on the back of my neck as to why you think it is neccessary to narrow potential customers down to a certain qualification bandwidth????

I teach domestic installers, and teach them how to strip and prepare SWA, but you have excluded them from your potential market?

ah well, you are the business man, I guess you know what you are doing

good luck;)

Why would they need to be registered with material supplier? because the would need to buy SWA to be able to use the tool. The discounts alone would make it worth while, but if they are only buying SWA now and then they wouldnt really need a fancy tool for cutting it

Back to the original thread, SWA type cable is used extensively throughout Europe but not necessarily terminated in the same way (we are back to Spanish wiring). In several countries the useage tends to be external and severe adverse primarily as internal "reinforced" tends to be a form of SY.

brilliant, tony.towa thats the kind of info i,m after.
just heard from steve.o in australia who tells me s w a is not used there so no need to worry about patent cover there. it all helps to build up a picture

Reply to Number of sparks in U.K in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net