Discuss Off grid solar and earth return in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So despite living working in a country blessed with 300 days of sunshine I have not got my head around this solar thing, there is very few companies here who know what they are doing and buy off the shelf kits and rarely do they perform as sold and in many cases unregistered ones actually cause increased bills instead of feeding in correctly.

Anyhow I have just completed a full rewire on a villa in the back of now where and is totally off grid, they had another company fit an impressive system that we have intergrated into our rewire and it all works well but, for the life of me I cannot see how to provide a working earth return path on the consumer side.

I wired an off grid house previously with old lead acid battery system ( yes I know ) ( fitted by someone else ) and the instruction said the earth of the battery pack was the zero point for the consumer side earth return after the inverter of course, and it worked and was able to achieve good readings etc.

However this new job has a rack style lithium set up which looks great but was very expensive and cannot see how to get any kind of earth return to the consumer side, I fitted a large earth rod to achieve lightening protection for the solar panel grids, but the system itself been off grid has no relation to network ground of course, any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance

Reply to Off grid solar and earth return in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, So I'm replacing a small old off grid with a new 7.5kw off grid, & being poor seek best value for my mppt, after long searches I find this...
Replies
Views
I currently have solar array and was going to purchase Shelly EM to monitor Grid in/out and solar production. So far so good. But I also plan in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Really just for info. not a problem or anything. (to be honest also wanting to be sure it is taking from solar as much as possible & can you...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock