Discuss Optima xm6 alarm and tamper prob. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello. Could someone tell me what is meant by "linking out" say, as an example tamper circuit wires on an Optima xm6 alarm control panel and how is it done when there is a prob. Is it just removing the two relevant wires, connecting them together and putting a small metal link in the terminals as i think?
Thanks for your help.

Hello. Thank you for the reply. However, not sure exactly what your are saying about small lengths of cable and cable staples. If i have got this right your taking out the existing cable connections and link say the two terminals for the tamper circuit with a small cable or as i have seen inside the control panel metal links that look like large staple clips. What do you do with the two cables removed from their terminals. Link them together i think? Can you do this with the while the board has 12v dc running? I think the answer is yes.

Hello. Thank you for the reply. However, not sure exactly what your are saying about small lengths of cable and cable staples. If i have got this right your taking out the existing cable connections and link say the two terminals for the tamper circuit with a small cable or as i have seen inside the control panel metal links that look like large staple clips. What do you do with the two cables removed from their terminals. Link them together i think? Can you do this with the while the board has 12v dc running? I think the answer is yes.

Yes, you short out the two tamper terminals.

If this cures the fault then you may have a fault in your tamper loop. This is basically a complete circuit that loops through each sensor and gives indication if it is broken, ie soneone has cut a wire or damaged a sensor.

You could measure the resistance between the two wires you have disconnected. To prove whether the circuit is broken.

Yes, you short out the two tamper terminals.

If this cures the fault then you may have a fault in your tamper loop. This is basically a complete circuit that loops through each sensor and gives indication if it is broken, ie soneone has cut a wire or damaged a sensor.

You could measure the resistance between the two wires you have disconnected. To prove whether the circuit is broken.
Thank you. That's brilliant!!!

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Optima xm6 alarm and tamper prob. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net