Discuss Part P not complied with again in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am getting pretty used to coming across installations which have not been registered under Part P, and therefore are not usually certificated under BS7671 either.

I was wandering what other electricians do when you come across similar installations.

Lads,
Been away from the domestic side of things for a few years.Is part P only applicable in England (JIB) or does it also apply up here in Scotland?

cheers

I am getting pretty used to coming across installations which have not been registered under Part P, and therefore are not usually certificated under BS7671 either.

I was wandering what other electricians do when you come across similar installations.

Normally just inform the client and make sure the work i do is notified if required.

Obviously any major issues should be sorted also.

How would you know they were not registered under Part P or certificated ?

old dog.
Yes so do I mate but I still keep coming across this sort of work.

jasons 6930.
Quite often the client is the one that requests the work to be done "for cash" therefore no paperwork, no registration.

pushrod.
You can check with the local Building control, if required, but paperwork should be available from the owner of the premises.

Sorry i am a bit confused - so you get a call out to a house say with a very modern extension and they want a ring extended (that is already in the extension) and some spurs off it. Would you need/ask to see an EIC for the circuits that you were goiing to work on? and if they didn't have them???

When did Part P come in? If the house was 40 years old would you would just get on with the work and not expect to see any certificates???

hello shropshire lad where abouts are you in shropshire im in telford, you workin full time as a sparks how you gettin on with advertising for work in the area mate?

Sorry i am a bit confused - so you get a call out to a house say with a very modern extension and they want a ring extended (that is already in the extension) and some spurs off it. Would you need/ask to see an EIC for the circuits that you were goiing to work on? and if they didn't have them???

When did Part P come in? If the house was 40 years old would you would just get on with the work and not expect to see any certificates???

part p came in about the same time as the new colour cable, so as a rough guide if i see blue / brown t/e and in a special location, i always ask when, who, how and were they given any paperwork.( ok so uasually they will look at you with a blank expression) but now and then the homeowner will hand you a cert:D

Reply to Part P not complied with again in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net