Discuss part p questions, please help!! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

fstep

Hi! I'd be really grateful if someone could help, thanks in advance

Can someone please tell me what certificates I would need if some or all of the following work was carried out? It is remedial work to bring it in-line with a PIR:

Lengthen tails
replace cooker point
update light fittings in bathroom and kitchen
cross bonding
flagging wires
replace db

I was told that all I would need was a revised PIR

again, thanks for looking

Hi! I'd be really grateful if someone could help, thanks in advance

Can someone please tell me what certificates I would need if some or all of the following work was carried out? It is remedial work to bring it in-line with a PIR:

Lengthen tails
replace cooker point
update light fittings in bathroom and kitchen
cross bonding
flagging wires
replace db

I was told that all I would need was a revised PIR

again, thanks for looking

Changing a DB will entail a Electrical Installation certificate.

What is flagging wires when it is at home, putting up the union, scittish, st georges flag?

:rolleyes: funny....lol I was told it was identifying which wire went to which circuit!

thanks for the Db info, do you happen to know about the rest?

as stated with replacing the DB a electrical installation cert will be required on this all the other items would be listed in the scope of the works the cert covers hope this helps

:rolleyes: funny....lol I was told it was identifying which wire went to which circuit!

thanks for the Db info, do you happen to know about the rest?

You mean circuit identification!

As I have said a few times on here you need to use the coorect terminology as if you don't use it during the exams then you will be marked wrong and possibily fail the exam.

You mean circuit identification!

As I have said a few times on here you need to use the coorect terminology as if you don't use it during the exams then you will be marked wrong and possibily fail the exam.

Thank you, it's true, the correct terminology is important.

I really would appreciate it if anyone can tell me if a revised PIR is enough for the rest of the work. Thanks

No.

As has already been said, a PIR is a PIR.

I have exactly the same thing to do next week.

Do the PIR, note any defects, put right (inc db change) so that it can be signed of as satisfactory.

Then an installation cert will be required for db change and anything else that needs one.

Easy.

IF you are doing remedial work in connection with a PIR carried out by someone else, then yes, you would need a revised 'satisfactory' PIR for whoever has asked for one. Probably at additional cost. Depends.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi if you change a db then you have to test evry circuit anyway therefor you have to (flag the wires) anyway to identify circuits so you should do the otherwork first as it is remedial work and then change the mains so you only do one lot of testing and only issue one cert ,you do however have to be part p registered to change a mains board .

hi if you change a db then you have to test evry circuit anyway therefor you have to (flag the wires) anyway to identify circuits so you should do the otherwork first as it is remedial work and then change the mains so you only do one lot of testing and only issue one cert ,you do however have to be part p registered to change a mains board .

You can still change a DB even if you are not registered under a scheme as long as you notify the LABC.

Reply to part p questions, please help!! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock