Discuss Passed Elecsa in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,

Just thought id share my good news that i passed the Elecsa assessment today. I was absoloutly bricking it. He looked at all my paper work, then asked me a question on referance method. My mind went completely blank:6:and I just sat there and looked at him. He said I could look it up in the onsite guide, so i did, but I could not find it any were, I knew it was in there but i was paniking so much. What would normally come naturely to me, totaly went out of my head. What a plonker. Well he took a look at my cu change and asked me to take off the cover. So I did the safe isolation, which i know he was after. Then he asked me to Zs test the nearest socket and that was it. I had just one bad point, wer the cables whent ino the board at the top, the hole was just a bit too big, so no IP. But he said just put some caulk or silicone in there, take a phot and send to ECA. That was it, overall he gave mea satisfactory.
Sweeeeet.
He did say though that from Jan next year, any new member have to have an NVQ3 or get it within 2 years of being registered.

Jay

He did say though that from Jan next year, any new member have to have an NVQ3 or get it within 2 years of being registered.

Jay

Well done

As for the bit about NVQ3, what a load of ******** . So anyone can still join and has a two year free reign of terror to inflict on the unsuspecting public.

Hi Guys & Gals,

Just thought id share my good news that i passed the Elecsa assessment today. I was absoloutly bricking it. He looked at all my paper work, then asked me a question on referance method. My mind went completely blank:6:and I just sat there and looked at him. He said I could look it up in the onsite guide, so i did, but I could not find it any were, I knew it was in there but i was paniking so much. What would normally come naturely to me, totaly went out of my head. What a plonker. Well he took a look at my cu change and asked me to take off the cover. So I did the safe isolation, which i know he was after. Then he asked me to Zs test the nearest socket and that was it. I had just one bad point, wer the cables whent ino the board at the top, the hole was just a bit too big, so no IP. But he said just put some caulk or silicone in there, take a phot and send to ECA. That was it, overall he gave mea satisfactory.
Sweeeeet.

Jay

Well done mate. Did you have Gary?

Cheers..........Howard

Hi Howard,

Yeah I had Gary, nice guy. Still made me nervous though, didnt help that Ive had that sickness and dihorea bug for the last 3 days. Still, all done now. Just need to get some work now.

Jay

Congrats! I'm guessing they mean a new member wanting to register with a trade body not just new to them and transfering from Napit or Niceic.

well done i had nic assessment a few days ago i had to do ze,pfc,r1 r2,Ir,zs,7rcd tests plus lots of questions on regs,must have caught the inspector on a strict day,passed with no probs.good luck with future

Reply to Passed Elecsa in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock