Currently reading:
PC speakers always buzzing

Discuss PC speakers always buzzing in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Paul36x

I did my best solving this last year but never managed to and it still annoys the hell out of me. My PC speakers are always buzzing. Sometimes very soft, sometimes pretty hard without there being any visible changes to cause it. I've even had radio songs come through it very softly a couple of times.

It's a cheap set of Microlab tweeters with subwoofer, I had an expensive Altec Lansing set for a couple of days and it didn't buzz at all but the sound was horrible for my music so I returned it.

I tried repositioning it, bought better audio cable, replaces the jack plug with cable to the pc, nothing really helped.

Poor circuit design.

Possibly a ground loop if the buzzing stops when the input cable is unplugged from PC.
For the radio interference, you'd need to be soldering in some RF decoupling capacitors on the circuit board, but that involves a bit of calculation and determining the circuit topology, so tbh you'd be better off getting another set of PC speakers for what they cost.

Simon.

It does sound like poor screening, if the supply transformer and the circuit design is budget quality, you are on a hiding to nothing. I would bin it and buy something better tbh.

Reply to PC speakers always buzzing in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back