Discuss Pendant lights and downlights on the same circuit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, asking for a friend in Australia.

She wants to install two Pendant lights over a kitchen island and four downlights all on the same switch.
The current wiring to the single light in the kitchen is earthed.

The 2 new pendant lights have earth connectors but the 4 new LED downlights have just a postive and neutral " no earth"
Can all these 6 lights be wired in one loop together off one switch??

Yes, they can. But an earth connection would have to be provided as close to the light as possible.
There may be a time in the future where the downlights are replaced with ones that do require an earth.

In UK, we get small plug/socket where the looped supply cable goes into the socket and light fitting is on a plug.

You say positive and negative? Do you mean live and neutral? (Or hot and neutral) Whatever the terminology is for Oz….. or is it marked as + and - and it needs a transformer before the light?

Can we possibly get a photo of the connections?

Reply to Pendant lights and downlights on the same circuit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, DIY'er here looking for a bit of advice so please go easy on me. In my dining room there is an existing single pendant and i would like...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m trying to change a pendent light, I’ve wired it the same as the previous light that was on there however the light is now permanently...
Replies
Views
Hello wonder if anyone can help. I have installed 6 led downlights that I would like to be controlled from a 2 gang dimmer, 2 banks of 3 . Have...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock