Discuss Periodic inspection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

The thread in question is a restaurant so unless it is a 24/7 concern the actual testing would be 100% unless the client has confirmed otherwise.
Regardless of the type of premises it doesn’t negate the fact that it may not be possible to carry out 100 percent inspection. I’m not arguing that a 100 percent test shouldn’t be done I’m just saying that it’s not always possible and the reasons behind it.

Regardless of the type of premises it doesn’t negate the fact that it may not be possible to carry out 100 percent inspection. I’m not arguing that a 100 percent test shouldn’t be done I’m just saying that it’s not always possible and the reasons behind it.
Maybe so but I test from small retail outlets to concerns in the City of London and with correct corporation, foresight and planning it can happen.

Maybe so but I test from small retail outlets to concerns in the City of London and with correct corporation, foresight and planning it can happen.
Ok I’m not disputing that. I’m just saying that it is not always possible due to operational and other limitations to test 100 percent of the installation within the recommended frequency of inspection time frame and that perhaps it would be better to do more frequent but smaller inspections to allow for a near to a 100 percent inspection and minimum disruption to business.

My issue with not 100% testing of circuits is the "critical" circuit is always likely to be unavailable for testing.

More regular test intervals only result in highlighting the circuits "unavailability" more often.

Reply to Periodic inspection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net