Discuss Pimp My Van - Show us yer racks! in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm not an electrician, and my "rack" is just a small workshop at the back of my self build motorhome but I think it's on topic, especially given the discussion on the efficient use of space :grinning:

nice job there. and a bike to go to the pub, for when you run out of diesel/sup more than plod's breathalyser requires.

Here is mine from earlier this year when I changed vans, I have new racking part made on my drive just need some time to finish then swap over.

IMG_2732.jpg IMG_2733.jpg IMG_2734.jpg IMG_2749.jpg IMG_2750.jpg

So mine is no where near as professional and fancy as some on here, but I'll put some pics up just to show it's possible to work out of a SWB 6 seat van with a bit of organisation.

I'm the only driver in our household and we only have a single driveway so no point in more vehicles. Must be 6 seat though to cart the fmaily round in. Also a LWB would not fit on our driveway so SWB it is :rolleyes:

All my day to day stock lives in the 4 crates under the raised floor, and short steps and a couple more crates live behind the rear seat. Ladders, long steps, and lengths go on the roof.

2019-10-12 12.57.40.jpg2019-10-12 13.05.53.jpg

So mine is no where near as professional and fancy as some on here, but I'll put some pics up just to show it's possible to work out of a SWB 6 seat van with a bit of organisation.

I'm the only driver in our household and we only have a single driveway so no point in more vehicles. Must be 6 seat though to cart the fmaily round in. Also a LWB would not fit on our driveway so SWB it is :rolleyes:

All my day to day stock lives in the 4 crates under the raised floor, and short steps and a couple more crates live behind the rear seat. Ladders, long steps, and lengths go on the roof.

View attachment 53078View attachment 53079
i see i'm not the only one to have nicked a few bread trays from the local convenience store. :D :D :imp::imp:

All I'll say is that Asda home delivery is a convenient thing, in many ways.
same withping glasses with brewer's logo. pay almost ÂŁ4 for a beer, you've paid for the glass as well. (need a bigger kitchen cupboard).

How much kit do people leave in the van overnight ? I've never properly racked out my van as I like to run with minimal kit with most of it out taken out every night !

How much kit do people leave in the van overnight ? I've never properly racked out my van as I like to run with minimal kit with most of it out taken out every night !
i leave stock and a few tools on van. any tool over a tenner comes off at night.

Reply to Pimp My Van - Show us yer racks! in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net