Discuss PIR motion light for garden in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Miguel_92

DIY
Reaction score
My new PIR light for my garden/yard arrived today but i was wondering how Wago connectors work within a junction box? The box is waterproof of course, but i only know how a terminal works. Can someone explain how you use them with wires? As i've got no idea. An electrician told my dad who bought the box they are used all the time for those kinds of lights. But someone will have to explain it to me if that's ok?. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-08_13-15-01.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 17
Is the circuit protected by an rcd?
In my kitchen i have 2 switches on one plug on the wall. One is for my kitchen light and the second is for that light i've just removed outside. I also have a light above my fridge (minus the bulb), but this morning i found that light has it's own switch. But i can send photos of the wiring again from outside, as i did a post here a few weeks ago enquiring about the wires etc.

a wago connects 2/3/ wires of the same polarity together. i.e. in a 3 way wago you may have 3 lives or 3 neutrals, or 3 earths. they are not like a choc block where 3 = L,N and E.

a wago connects 2/3/ wires of the same polarity together. i.e. in a 3 way wago you may have 3 lives or 3 neutrals, or 3 earths. they are not like a choc block where 3 = L,N and E.
Thanks for explaining it to me. I put it up via buying a 3 way terminal, then putting the junction box right next to the wires because the outside wire had hardly any give in it at all. Massively shocked (pardon the pun) that the wires worked to be honest. When i first saw them i knew they weren't what i needed, but at least it's up and working fine?

Reply to PIR motion light for garden in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net