Discuss Please don’t shoot me. Static caravan and a metal shed. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Ok. Static caravan.......
The site supply arrangement is apparently TNS and the static caravan uses this for its earth. (I will check with the DNO that it is aTNS arrangement.)
There are three MCBs in the static caravan CU, one of which directly supplies to a solitary double socket inside a metal shed approximately 8 inches away from the caravan.
All necessary RCD protection in place.

Question.....
Is there any issue using the TNS earth in the shed?

Asking for a friend

Metal shed - condensation - moisture - RCD nuisance tripping.

Metal shed next to a static caravan. What’s in it? 2 x 47kg propane gas cylinders?

I worked on a caravan site for 10 years and the majority of RCD trips was DIY sockets outside the caravans.
One guy assured me he had done everything right, even used an IP rated socket.
Yeh, well done. But the problem is the 4 gang extension lead plugged into it, with the 30 year old chest freezer and your golf buggy battery charger in a ramshackle wooden shed with water leaking through the roof!

In fairness the washing machine, tumble drier and fridge all in the shed sometimes help to cause the incoming MCB to trip (16A) but they ain’t produced enough condensation to cause the RCD to trip yet.
:)

It seems to be an established installation . Is your friend having some kind of problem or interference from a third party?

Ah , it was just that in your OP you state you were asking for a friend.
I thought he may be getting some kind of hassle.

In fairness the washing machine, tumble drier and fridge all in the shed sometimes help to cause the incoming MCB to trip (16A) but they ain’t produced enough condensation to cause the RCD to trip yet.
:)
These fancy establishments , plenty of ventilation , no double glazing . All that healthy air to breath !
(Insulation may be energy efficient -we do miss the point some times)

These fancy establishments , plenty of ventilation , no double glazing . All that healthy air to breath !
(Insulation may be energy efficient -we do miss the point some times)

the appliances are fitted in a metal box next to a static caravan, not in the caravan itself.
Do read back to the first post.

This is another old(ish) thread. I don’t see if the OP has solved his problem.

Reply to Please don’t shoot me. Static caravan and a metal shed. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock