Discuss Plug Microwave Into Electrical Outlet On Kelvinator Range? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an old Kelvinator range with a regular outlet built into the dial face. I'm unsure of the model or how old it is, but I do see a date written on it from 1996. I am wondering if I can safely plug a Sanyo EM-806TW 1300w microwave into it?

A diagram of the Kelvinator's circuitry was printed on the back and is pictured below. It appears the "regular plug" is 15 amp?

I've already microwaved a few things while plugged into the range for up to 4 mins but do not want to risk damaging something, or creating an unsafe situation.

Kelvinator Circuitry 1.jpg

Kelvinator Circuitry 2.jpg

range outlet 2.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I have an old Kelvinator range with a regular outlet built into the dial face. I'm unsure of the model or how old it is, but I do see a date written on it from 1996. I am wondering if I can safely plug a Sanyo EM-806TW 1300w microwave into it?

A diagram of the Kelvinator's circuitry was printed on the back and is pictured below. It appears the "regular plug" is 15 amp?

I've already microwaved a few things while plugged into the range for up to 4 mins but do not want to risk damaging something, or creating an unsafe situation.

View attachment 58254

View attachment 58255

View attachment 58256

Thanks for your help.
No I wouldn’t plug a microwave into your range if it pulls 1300 watts. Since the plug is rated at 15 amps it’s not good practice to use over 80% of the rated plug which will be 1200 watts. Microwaves require a dedicated circuit only

Reply to Plug Microwave Into Electrical Outlet On Kelvinator Range? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net