Discuss Positioning a consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question, I will be putting a small consumer unit in a garage which has accommodation upstairs, I was going to put the CU in an eaves cupboard so it is accessible but not in the main room, however, does it have to conform to the regs regarding heights of switches (450 - 1200mm)? Bearing in mind the accommodation is up some steep outside stairs so wheelchair access will not be possible.

Thanks for any help

D2E

If it's a new build...yes it will need to conform with building regs....otherwise no,but use common sense with positioning.....a common mistake with a garage is no allowing for up and over doors when positioning a CU

(Didnt get yer legover this morning i=p/u ?.....:laugh3:)

Reply to Positioning a consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, looking for some assistance on this as finding different information wherever i look. We have a garage external to the house, which we...
Replies
Views
Currently I have a Henley block which has 2 consumer units. 1 of these CU feeds a garden supply and garage. Out in the garden which is fed by a...
Replies
Views
I was asked to see why a set of sockets weren’t working in the house (which appear to be a ring circuit based on breakers) There was no power on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm interested in a house built around the 1980's in Northern Ireland. I took a few photos of the consumer unit etc. which is situated in the...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, I recently bought and moved into my first home, and I made an enquiry with an electrician about doing a like for like swap of electric...
Replies
Views
coalminers crufties
C

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock