Currently reading:
power consumption

Discuss power consumption in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mpj111

I have a theriotical and practical problem.
My lap top is 18V. I amusing 10V 4000mAH battery.
how long I can use my lap top if battery is fully charged.
how to calculate how much current drain from battery. how much current drain if I used 18 V , 4000mah battery

thank you

Get your multimeter on DC current and see what the draw of the laptop is? Surely it's going to vary depending on how much you do

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry, I have forwarded my question to the wrong forum.
I found the right forum and got the answer already.
sorry for your inconvenience

I would have thought it depends on what you are doing on the laptop i.e playing music, watching a film surfing the net etc etc.

Depending on the current usage of the hardware/software could be anything from 1 - 3 hours.

The 18V laptop on a 10V battery doesn't quite sound right either.???

from my personal experience on power consumption, almost all laptops batery uses between 17.5v to 19v, so users have to take note of that.

Reply to power consumption in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock