Discuss Press Switches and Labeling in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Dont have the switches yet but iam searching and looking for ways to label them too.These switches will be used on a plc system.
Ideally will be press/push 4 gang or more and if there is a light background option would be nice.
I have use some touch switches but find them not so reliable.If you touch it 100 time it will work 95times due to human error not touching the correct way or sometimes hands are wet or dirty.
My concern is not to just stick a label on the switches and look like a casual work but rather look polished and professional.Any ideas would help.

Get them engraved.

Engraved metal plates

Try Hamilton litestat , see loads of their accessories on posh jobs

Good idea, thanks. I checked if there is something i can buy to do it by myself but the money and the knowledge to buy 1 of those machines are prohibitive.
Best to send them the switches for engraving.

Yes I did them with a cheap Chinese 3040 type CNC milling machine, controlled with Mach3. I use StickFont V2 as it's really fast and simple for text, and Vectric Cut2D Desktop for cutting out shapes, again as it's easy to use for someone like me with no CAD/CAM skills. Photo attached of the grid plate in progress.

Press Switches and Labeling cncn - EletriciansForums.net
Edit, these machines are highly hackable and I have made a number of changes, it now has a higher power spindle, I also modified the controller so the emergency stop button stops the spindle as well as the stepper motors.

freddo,
The results looks professional and you have that setup with just few hundred pounds.
If you will do it again will you go for a laser engraver instead of the milling ?

freddo,
If you will do it again will you go for a laser engraver instead of the milling ?
I don't know, how well does laser engraving work on these types of materials? Milling and Traffolyte go well together.

I would have liked an electronic Gravograph but even second hand they cost thousands.

Reply to Press Switches and Labeling in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock