Discuss PVC Conduit Question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I understand what you mean. It’s just the bends I am struggled with. Would flexible conduit be any easier?

Or maybe a two way angle box?
Put it together piece by piece as opposed to trying to pull the cable through the system once it is complete. Conduit boxes are a better option but bends may work just try and see if the cable passes through one.

Better Odd than a badly installed cable. prone to heat damage due to the badly designed install method tight bends and tight enclosures are not a good idea,
Question, is there actually a need for conduit in this situation, many people just bury the cable as is as long asit's protected by a RCD.
Buried or surface?

It’s surface. It can’t be buried as there is no cavity.

I would have a terminal box where it exits the wall and then get your other bends/elbows and see if the cable threads through them. If so you can then piece it together and as you progress you will have less and less cable to contend with.

Nt even on the inside wall? if not best option I can see is take tube route then to an end box , back entry to where you want to go.

If I use an End Box which is Tower 1-Way Terminal Box 25mm White Pack of 1 - https://www.screwflix..com/p/tower-1-way-terminal-box-25mm-white-pack-of-1/64537

Would you then drill a 25mm hole using a step cone and then just straight with the conduit?

Probably won't need a 25mm hole but yes. The box will have two fixing points you often have to drill out to fix it.

[/QUOTE]
Could I use something like a Female Adapter for the end box, so that it will hold the conduit in place, so it can then go across to the garage?

You should do some research into how a PVC conduit system is put together, and if and when you are able to actually look at some installations as you come across them.

You should do some research into how a PVC conduit system is put together, and if and when you are able to actually look at some installations as you come across them.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve some idea of how they are put together. But as I said we don’t use conduit in work and I’ve only used it on my 2365 L2 practical. As I work as a Fire and Security Apprentice. The only thing I was unsure of was the bends etc and how to go about doing a straight run across the gate. But some have offered some suggestions which I am going to try. As 10mm T&E is not the easiest to work with. I’ve got to make the best of the cable that has been installed.

If I use an End Box which is Tower 1-Way Terminal Box 25mm White Pack of 1 - https://www.screwflix..com/p/tower-1-way-terminal-box-25mm-white-pack-of-1/64537

Would you then drill a 25mm hole using a step cone and then just straight with the conduit?
[/QUOTE

you will be trying to bend the 10mm2 cable through the back of the box, the larger the box the more room you will havem an end box is ideal with a hole in the back, or a wiska box e\would do, x\cable down the tube, fix conduit to wall, fit whatever box you opt for end or wiska ,cable through the hole you would have drilled with your hole cutter. into where ever you want it to go

I’ve some idea of how they are put together. But as I said we don’t use conduit in work and I’ve only used it on my 2365 L2 practical. As I work as a Fire and Security Apprentice. The only thing I was unsure of was the bends etc and how to go about doing a straight run across the gate. But some have offered some suggestions which I am going to try. As 10mm T&E is not the easiest to work with. I’ve got to make the best of the cable that has been installed.
[/QUOTE]
I have sent you a PM

20mm conduit is too small for 10mm T/E.

Reply to PVC Conduit Question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock