Discuss qualifications ??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

you generally have to be trading for 6 months as well as the two jobs etc

why not just use the LABC and not join a competent persons scheme until you are more established

thanks shakey

Shakey
I have a consumer change to do in a flat.Please explaine what will be the 1st steps about contacting the local council,do they visit 1st and i will be using the electrical installation certificate photo copyed out of the regs

Last edited:
go on their website and download their building notifiaction form or pick one up from them

submit it them along with the fee

complete job and send them a copy of the certs - they will tell you if they want anything else doing

Hi shakey
does the inspector visit before any electrical installation commences or do they check after inspection and testing and certification of the installation. are they sparks that turn up and do they just want a quick look at the work and want to check your test results.WOULD

Hi shakey
does the inspector visit before any electrical installation commences or do they check after inspection and testing and certification of the installation. are they sparks that turn up and do they just want a quick look at the work and want to check your test results.would

would they know a good or bad result on the test forms ie zs for a ring final being to high according to bs7671 17th ed

Last edited:
depends on you, depends on the job

I teach my students to build a rapprot with their LABC

many notification forms ask you your quals etc, obviuosly 'joe nobody', if doing the electrical work is going too come under more scrutiny than a fully qualified sparks

as regards paperwork, I teach people to fill it out as if mr 'top sparks' is gonna read it, personaaly i could spot a 'made up' certificate easier than i could spot Frank Bruno at a KKK convention

they may send someone in to check your work, they may not, much depends on you

as regard the 'inspector', there is no remit for him to visit before any electrical work commecnces, but if the installtion was part of a bigger building project, such as a new build, you can expect the normal building control visits at varying stages of the project, including a check of the electrics, such as a pre-plaster check

Last edited by a moderator:
only form i can find on my local council web site is a building notice is that the one i need ? only other form is a full planning notice

only form i can find on my local council web site is a building notice is that the one i need ? only other form is a full planning notice

yep thats right

it will generally be a building notice if it just an electrical job, it would be full plans for something like an extension (that included electrics)

I have had email from local council today and the will send local electrical contractor round to check work.price quoted on council site is £60.00 is this correct.On minor works do i submit test form to local council:)

Reply to qualifications ??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock