Discuss Rcbo's in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffed

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just finished installing power sockets in It suites at a school.
All protected by 30 ma rcbo's ,circuits specified by electrical consultants,15 2 gang skts on each circuit.All working & no trip outs.
My reckoning was about 7 2 gang skts per circuit,what's your feelings on this.
Have I gotta change my reasoning on these circuits & follow suit.

A good idea would be to measure the actual earth leakage on the circuits with all sockets in use. I would be interested to know the results.

I used to do a lot of IT room installs for a previous company and the local authority spec was 6 double sockets per 32A ring circuit. This was based on one workstation (one pc and one monitor) per double outlet. I always thought this was a bit on the cautious side.

Depending on the size of board and number of circuits you can find yourself fast running out of earth terminals.
.... And it throws them out of sync when every other terminal is in the correct termination number wise.

Last edited:
Depending on the size of board and number of circuits you can find yourself fast running out of earth terminals.
.... And it throws them out of sync when every other terminal is in the correct termination number wise.
Not a problem using 18 way TPN DB,all earths connected correctly for installation

Carp just take your time jobs a good un, two earth terminals at the DB for either a Ring or Radial final circuit nothing difficult or out of the ordinary for a good Sparky, although it doesn't apply to the Domestic Installers.

Not a problem using 18 way TPN DB,all earths connected correctly for installation
I recently did a small(ish) office which had amongst other things 3 radial cct's with high integrity earthing fed from a 10 way single phase board. I installed an extra earth bar to accommodate the extra cpc's but didn't use it in the end as I found a different way of doing it and still achieve compliance with the regs.

I think this is where the Regs trips it self up in situations like this, apart from a few additional terminals for main earths, bonding etc, no standard DB can fulfill the requirements for high integratity earthing comprising more than a couple of circuits and unless the additional earth conductors are cable I'd, it would make it very confusing for the next person coming along at a later date.

Reply to Rcbo's in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock